Friday, May 6, 2011

terrigal beach, a bit of newcastle, and then to old bar

Day 5:
So woke up in Central Coast to a beautiful, sunny day! Packed up our stuff said our goodbyes and thank yous and headed to Terrigal Beach for some breaky and some sun!



photo taken from the headland
We had breakfast near the beach. Then we took a walk around the beach, to the headland and the rock area under the headland (the middle photo that is part of my banner up top is of the rock area). Such a pretty beach and the rock area was so nice! After a bit of a walk, we drove around the area and checked out some of the houses and stuff, it was cool because the houses are built in and along the valleys (wish I took photos of that but I was just enjoying the views) Central Coast is a really nice area.




on the way to newcastle, some nice scenery
Then we headed off to Newcastle (an hour drive from Central Coast) next nearest city from Syndey (2 hours away from Syndey). Shane's brother Mat, and his wife Mareika, lives Newcastle so we stayed with them. They have a cute little baby boy named Lucas. Had some dinner and relaxed. I was having bad cough attacks so I went to bed early, so we didn't get to do anything exciting this time around.

Day 6:
So today I am feeling pretty tired, I think the cough is catching up to me at this point. We were debating on staying another night in Newcastle but decided on just heading back to Old Bar (where Shane lives, 2 hour drive from Newcastle) so that I can chill out, recover and get my health back.

Merewether Beach in Newcastle

--------------

Old Bar

Now you must be thinking: Where the heck is Old Bar? Well it's a small beach town just a 3.5 - 4 hour drive away from Sydney.


View Larger Map

It's a great beach town with a few different beaches to go to. It has a nice charm to the place, and so far it's been wonderful just relaxing and enjoying the quietness of it all mixed in with some other fun activities.

My first weekend I went to the local bowling club. http://www.cluboldbar.com.au/ Got to watch the local rugby league game, which was pretty fun! It was a great game and two fights broke out and the Old Bar Pirates won. I also tried my first Aussie meat pie.

During the next few weeks in Old Bar, went to the beaches, some other nearby beach towns and just relaxed. Oh yeah, and I finally got rid of that nasty cough within the week after seeing the local doctor, who didn't really do much except for tell me to tough it out for another 5 to 7 days. It has been a nice change of pace and I really enjoyed the quiet and most of all the 25+ weather!

Next posts: some of the things I did while in Old Bar and area..


local rugby game
my first aussie meat pie, got chicken & vegetable. delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment