Thursday, May 19, 2011

old bar, nsw

Here's a bit of Old Bar (population about 3, 500), where my 'basecamp' is... ;) where I'm staying in between my travels around Australia, and it's where Shane grew up and lives at the moment.

Like I said before: Old Bar is a small beach town just a 3.5 - 4 hour drive north of Sydney.


It's a great beach town with a few different beaches to go to and with a few other neighbouring beach towns just a 20 min drive away. Old Bar has a nice charm to the place, and so far it's been wonderful just relaxing and enjoying the quietness of it all mixed in with some other fun activities. Really nice people and a place where I get to experience the 'real' Aussie way of life, haha, versus some of the more touristy areas.

So I took some photos around town to give you and idea of where I am staying at the moment! The main street of Old Bar, Old Bar beach, the Tavern, Old Bar Bowling Club...

Taree is the closest city to Old Bar (about 10-15 min drive)
The main strip, on Old Bar Road, where all the shops and cafes are



Went to Martine's, on the strip, for lunch one day and had a very yummy pizza - Martine's special. I discovered how good avocados are on pizza.

Another day, I went to have some gelato at The Little Favorite. Another breakfast/lunch cafe type place. I got a taro gelato and mmmMmm!


This is the Old Bar Bakery, where we get our yummy meat pies and pastries
Old Bar Beach

At Old Bar Beach - First Corner at 8am on a Saturday! Watching people surf and getting some sun!
Had the beach to myself,  aside from people walking by
At the Old Bar Tavern with friends 
The Old Bar Bowling Club - went there to celebrate Pirates' (rugby team) win

2 comments:

  1. mmmm how was the taro gelato? =P****

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was pretty tasty cin! but would I get it again? maaaybe..so it was good but it wasn't 'soooo good'

    ReplyDelete