Wednesday, May 18, 2011

forster, nsw


Went to another nearby beach town, Forster, which is about 25 min away from Old Bar. Beautiful place when it's a sunny day. The water is so blue and the sand nice and white!


Swam to the little island from the dock to the little island close by. I was a little scared to jump into the water... haha.. so I was standing at the dock preparing myself to jump in. Shane had already jumped in and was helping to encourage me, I felt like such a scaredy cat, it wasn't very deep or a big jump either. I think I was just freaking myself out by thinking about it too much so he came back out to help me... and all I hear is "SORRY!" and *SPLASH* He pushed me in!! Haha, I had a laugh about it and didn't mind. He's logic, "She'll thank me for this after" which I did LOL.

there's the little island we swam to

view from the bridge: the island we swam to. you can see a few boats there
It was a quick, nice swim. Explored around under the bridge where it was really shallow and could walk around under there. In the summer, you would see lots of small boats parked at the island and people just hanging out there. It's pretty tiny, so I'm not sure how many people can get on there!

After the swim, we had some lunch at a cafe on the other side of the beach. Did a bit of walking around the local shops. What a great day!





another side of the beach and water
another view from over the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment