Friday, February 10, 2012

Potoroo & Ellenborough Falls

Potoroo Falls

Shane and went on a little adventure to check out a couple of the falls near Old Bar. First we went to Potoroo Falls, which is in Tapin Tops National Park of the Manning Valley. Normally it's a really nice. calm creek and falls but because it had been raining so much for last few weeks, the water was quite high and moving pretty quick so we had to be more cautious.

It's really pretty, and only a short and easy 'hike' from where we parked. When we got to the falls, the water was just gushing down and it looked scary to me, so I didn't dare jump it, I couldn't even bring myself to jump off a rock into the water that was away from the falls. Shane went and jumped off though!

The beautiful Manning Valley



Shane jumping from the top of the falls. 


Then we walked back to the car and went to check out Ellenborough Falls, which is in the greater Taree area and is the second longest single drop waterfall in the southern hemisphere. At the car park, we came across a homeless man with a pet wallaby which was quite interesting! He was explaining to us how you can tell the difference between a kangaroo and a wallaby. I think he said it had to do with the ratio between the arms and legs? I can't remember now.

But the falls, were a sight! It looks like it goes on forever! So we took a few pics and it was getting dark so we didn't stay too long to explore the rest of the area and plus I didn't want to get bit by mosquitos (I get a really bad reaction to them).







1 comment:

  1. Ellenborough and Potoroo, what a winning combo! You should visit Ellenborough again though, and swim at the hole at the top. It is so deep I don't know anyone who has touched the bottom. Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete