Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Harbour Cruise & Manly Weekend in Sydney




I went on a weekend trip to Sydney to visit Kristy and Simone (the girls I went to NZ with). On Friday evening, Kristy and I went on a cruise along the harbour, which was really awesome. A great and different perspective to view the sights on the harbour. I purchased a Groupon for the cruise months ago but just haven't had the time to do it. Originally it was bought for Shane and I to go, but it was near the expiration date and there weren't many weekends left before I have to go back to Canada in March. So I asked Kristy to come with.

It was an all you can eat and drink (wine, champagne, beer) so we tried to get our fill. The ship was one of the older ones left in almost original form. Quite and interesting ship but I can't quite remember the name of it. It was such a nice and relaxing cruise and I would totally recommend doing it. We did the twilight one so we get to see the harbour line at sunset. Just beautiful!








On Saturday, Kristy, Simone and I decided to have a day in Manly. I love Manly, which is in North Sydney. It's a pretty place, and has an awesome vibe to it. Sure it's a tourist destination, but the people are nice, beautiful beach and lots of places to eat/drink. So our day was filled with stand-up paddle boarding (mine and Simone's first time no photos though), some drinks and lunch at Manly Wharf, laid on the beach and then continued on drinking into the night and ending up at a karaoke bar! It was such a fun weekend filled with random bits and pieces.








No comments:

Post a Comment