Wednesday, July 20, 2011

nelson bay, nsw

My attempt at a cartwheel at Fingal Beach *weee*!

Walk along Nelson Bay
A couple weekends after going to Port Macquarie, we went to Nelson Bay for a weekend to visit Shane's brother and family. It was a sunny weekend for the beginning of winter! We went up on Saturday afternoon got to Nelson Bay at about 5 or 6pm. It's about 2 hours drive away from Old Bar, or about 40 minutes drive from Newcastle. We went to a nearby pub for a drink with Kris, Bec and the kids and then we ordered some Thai food in and just had a quiet night in with them.

On Sunday, we had some breakfast and then went for a walk along the coast to the Marina in Nelson Bay. It was such a nice walk, with beautiful scenery and beaches. We played on the park with his nephew and then they went back home while Shane and I went for a cruise around the area checking out some of the other beaches and had some lunch at Fingal Beach.


At the Marina at Nelson Bay

It's a really quite and nice place, they say it gets really busy in the summer because everyone goes there for their vacation and is quite a touristy spot. I love how there's so many cool places to visit just within hours of a drive away! Enjoying my holiday here so far... I will have to find work soon enough haha.

I have booked my trip to New Zealand as well so that will be in my next couple of posts.

At the park with Kris, Bec, Grace and Mitchelle
At Box Beach
Fingal Beach
Lunch at Longboat Cafe at Fingal Beach
Fingal Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment