Thursday, July 21, 2011

coastal walk from bondi beach to coogee

Bondi Junction

I decide to go to Sydney a few days before our departure from Sydney to Christchurch, New Zealand just so I could get organized with Kristy and stuff like that before we head off. I took the bus with Busways from Tuncurry to Newcastle and stay the night there with Mareike and Lukas. Then the next day I catch the bus the rest of the way to Sydney and stayed a night with Shane's brother, Matt in Bondi Junction (the apartments Shane and I stayed at when I first arrived in Sydney). I got there in the afternoon so I went walking around and checked out the shops. We went to try this Chinese restaurant in Bondi Junction that had a Peking duck special, and it was really good and something I was craving for a while so it was great!

The next day I got my hot yoga fix in the morning because there was a studio only a few minutes from The Meriton! It was good but just really, really hot. I think it's hotter than the studios in Calgary! I can't imagine doing that same hot yoga class when it's summer over here.

Taro Slush Bubble Tea from Easy Way
Then in the afternoon I decide to go on the coastal walk from Bondi Beach all the way to Coogee. It was such a beautiful walk along the coast. Along the walk there are many joggers and I can see why joggers would choose this route for their daily jog. Also, along the walk there are various circuit stations, like chin ups, dips, sit-up benches and stuff like that! The day started out a bit cloudy but it was still warm and once you start walking you warm up even more so it was nice. The sun came out a few times and it also sprinkled a little rain on me near the end. I should have started the walk a bit earlier because by the time I got to Coogee it was dark so I didn't get to see much or take photos of that area, which is said to be really nice as well. I also started my walk off with a Taro slush bubble tea, another craving I fixed haha.

Starting point: Bondi Beach
Big rocks on the headland along the walk
The walk to Mackenzies Point (next stop after Bondi)
Looking back at Bondi Beach from the walk
Tamarama Beach (3rd stop along the walk)
Me at Tamarama
The coastal walk is about 3 hours from Bondi to Coogee, but it think it was a little longer for me because I was taking my time and taking photos and just enjoying the views. When I got to Bronte Beach, I got to see some dolphins swimming pretty close to the surfers, my lens wasn't long enough to capture them though but it was pretty cool to see and there were quite a few, I think about 7 or so from what I counted. Anyways I'll let the photos speak for themselves on how pretty this walk is. I'll definitely be doing that walk again when I'm back in Sydney.. maybe start from Coogee and then walk to Bondi next time!

Here's a little brochure I found of the walk and a map (not the greatest quality): map

Then after a great day, I met back up with Mat and we went for some Mexican for dinner with Kristy, Jarrod and Phil, which was really tasty! Then I went to stay with Kristy and Jarrod for the next couple of nights before our big trip to NZ!

In between Tamarama and Bronte (taken with phone)
Bronte Beach with Ocean side pool (4th stop)
Ocean pool at Bronte Beach
Dolphins swimming with the surfers (didn't have a long enough lens, but you can kind of make them out)
Waverley Cemetery (5th stop)Waverley Cemetery

Sunset at Waverley
Clovelly (6th stop, last stop before Coogee)
Clovelly

No comments:

Post a Comment