Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taronga Zoo, Sydney


I finally got a chance to visit the Taronga Zoo in Sydney! Kristy came along with me as well and it started as an overcast day but the sun came out in the afternoon. It's a beautiful zoo situated on the shores of the Sydney Harbour.



So we visited all the different sections of the zoo. We got to see penguins, a Komodo dragon, beautiful giraffes, a few African animals, koalas and kangaroos of course, seals, elephants, lions and tigers. My favourite experience was the lions and tigers. They have a beautifully set up habitat for them where viewers can see them through clear glass rather than cages and fencing. When we went to see the male tiger, he came right up close to the glass window to where all the visitors were standing. It was like he wanted to take a good look at us too. It was pretty incredible to be that close to a tiger with only glass separating us.

Well, I'll let the photos to the rest of the talking!


Komodo dragon

Tree kangaroo

One of my favourite photos at Taronga Zoo, wildlife against surrounded by a concrete jungle

Kristy and I waiting for the seal show to come on

just look at those majestic eyes

Our 'close' encounter with the male tiger!
There are more photos on my Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment